Holiday Pet Safety
The holidays can be an exciting yet stressful time for us humans, but this can be doubly so for our animal friends. Dogs, cats, and other pets can create holiday havoc in unexpected ways. Here are some tips to prevent a pet emergency:
- Make sure your tree is anchored or secured so your animal friends don't knock it over
- Put a cover over real tree water sources, as they can contain fertilizers that are toxic to animals
- Avoid holly, mistletoe, and poinsettias, as these plants are lethal to pets
- Tinsel can obstruct cats' digestive systems if swallowed, so consider other tree decorations
- Do not feed your pets human holiday treats, like chocolate, raisins, onions, turkey and turkey skin, and fatty foods
- For parties and other events where there may be noise and strangers, have a quiet room for your pets to retreat to.
SERVPRO of Huntington wishes you and your furry family members a happy and safe holiday season.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 304-429-2233
About SERVPRO of Huntington
SERVPRO of Huntington specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.