50% Is The Percent Of Fires That Start In The Kitchen
SERVPRO of Huntington know that cooking equipment is the leading cause of fire damage and fire injuries in the home.
SERVPRO wants you to be safe, so to help prevent fire damage, we have these suggestions for preventing kitchen fires. They make more sense than not cooking at home.
SERVPRO of Huntington would like to offer these tips for Fire Prevention in the kitchen:
- Keep anything that can catch fire at least 3 feet away from the stovetop
- Many kitchen items can catch fire, including dishtowels, oven mitts, recipes, wooden tools, and loose clothing
- Never operate the stove or oven when you are tired or have been drinking alcohol
- Keep children at least 3 feet away from the stove or oven
- If you are frying, broiling, grilling, or boiling food, stay in the kitchen. If you leave, even for a short time, turn off the heat
- If you are baking, roasting, or simmering food, stay in the house. If you leave, even for a short time, turn off the heat
Remember that fire is fast. If you cannot contain a fire immediately, leave and bring everyone with you. Call 9-1-1 from outside the home. It is also a great idea to have a fire escape plan.
SERVPRO of Huntington reminds you that fire prevention is the best strategy against fire damage. Give us a call today at (304) 429-2233 and see how we can help you make it "Like it never even happened."