Avoid Grill Burns!
One of America's favorite Fourth of July pastimes is to grill. According to the NFPA, over 16,000 people a year go to the hospital due to grill-related injuries. Here are some tips on how to stay safe during grilling season:
- Wear short sleeves or keep your sleeve rolled up
- Use long-handled grilling utensils
- Keep a three foot safe zone around grills
If you do get a burn, here's what to do:
- Run cool (not cold) water over the burn
- Cover the burn with a clean medical cloth
- See a doctor if the burn is bigger than the palm of your hand, is in a sensitive area, or the person burned is a senior or child
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 304-429-2233
About SERVPRO of Huntington
SERVPRO of Huntington specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.