Spring cleaning fire safety tips
It's almost the end of March, which means you're probably knee-deep in spring cleaning. While dusting the out-of-reach places and organizing plastic containers, you can also take some steps to reduce the threat of a house fire. Here are a few tips:
- Clean your laundry room of anything around the dryer that could be flammable. Also remember to clean your lint trap after every load!
- Install a smoke detector in every bedroom and hallway outside of bedrooms.
- Test your smoke detector once a month.
- Check electrical cords for fraying or defects
- Clean your garage and get rid of flammable items such as newspapers and cardboard boxes
- Check any storage spaces (garage, under the sink) for flammable liquids that may be leaking
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 304-429-2233
About SERVPRO of Huntington
SERVPRO of Huntington specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.