Uncommon Spring Cleaning Tips
We all have our typical cleaning routines. Some may be simple, some may be more complex. Whatever your cleaning checklist may be, there are probably some things you've missed. Here are some less commonly cleaned items you may be missing:
- Refrigerator coils: cleaning these can extend the life of your fridge and even lower your electricity bill!
- Dishwasher: running a cycle with baking soda on the bottom and a cup of vinegar will make your dishwasher smell a lot nicer in the long run.
- Toothbrush holder: You don't typically see the inside bottom of your toothbrush holder, and it can be a hotbed for mildew and mold.
- Pillows: You may wash your sheets once a week, but it's also recommended to wash your pillows once every three months or so.
- TV remotes: Wipe down your remotes with a disinfectant wipe once a week
- Phone: Same as the TV remote. Your phone touches your hands and face almost constantly, picking up germs.
- Trashcans: No wonder the trash smells so bad! Small trashcans can be put in the dishwasher, but bigger ones will need a garden hose to wash out.