How to prevent snow damage
You may think of water damage as a summer flood issues, but snow can be just as damaging to a home. In 2009, winter storm damage cost Americans $770 million. Here are some things you can do to prevent it:
- Clean off your roof regularly during winter to prevent snow buildup
- Check for any weak branches on trees near homes that may break when piled with snow
- Install water leak detection hardware to your pipes
- Check regularly for moisture and discoloration in your attic
- Remove any ice dams (shelves of snow that freeze and refreeze near your gutter)
- If you are replacing your roof, add a layer between the wood and tiles that will repel water.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 304-429-2233
About SERVPRO of Huntington
SERVPRO of Huntington specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.