Recycling cell phones
With income tax refunds coming up, many folks out there may be upgrading their cellphones. But what to do with the old phone? Throwing away a cellphone in a traditional landfill is a no-go, as the battery can leech dangerous chemicals into the ground. Here are some things you can do to get rid of your cellphone and keep the environment safe:
- Cellphones for Soldiers: This charity gives cellphones to troops overseas so they can call their families.
- Domestic violence shelters: many places that help women and children from abusive situations accept cell donations.
- Recycling for Charities: This organization flips phones and gives the proceeds to a charity of your choosing.
- ecoATM: this is a kiosk that recycles your phone and pays you for it in some cases. There is one in the Route 60 Wal-Mart and another in the Barboursville Kroger.
- Best Buy: If you're simply wishing to get rid of the thing, Best Buy recycles most electronics, including cell phones
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 304-429-2233
About SERVPRO of Huntington
SERVPRO of Huntington specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.